certainproclivity: (Inna briefing)
[personal profile] certainproclivity
I suppose I should extend my greetings to all the new arrivals- both Inmate and Warden, alike. One does have to wonder if the amount of departures and the amount of new arrivals are somehow linked. I suppose that's a question the Admiral, himself, could answer were he so inclined,  but.... I somehow don't see that being likely.

[Inmate Filter]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there have been Wardens here who were demoted to Inmate status, yes? I'm curious what they had to do to accomplish such a feat.

Private

Date: 2010-05-07 04:35 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] nomoreleftshoe.livejournal.com
Yeah, man. And one of them is still an inmate. So I'd not talk about it.

Private

Date: 2010-05-08 01:42 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sarkraticmethod.livejournal.com
It's merely a curious topic. If the aforementioned inmate would like to come forward and enlighten me or otherwise, then he's welcome to do so.

[Inmate filter]

Date: 2010-05-07 04:43 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] amagicalmystery.livejournal.com
Bit of a sowing and reaping, ain't it? ...Tell you the truth, wouldn't be surprised if it were exactly that.

Can they now. Well ain't that interesting! 'Bout how often does it happen?

[Inmate filter]

Date: 2010-05-08 01:44 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sarkraticmethod.livejournal.com
Curiouser still is I'm almost certain the people who left were primarily Inmates, but we seem to be getting an overabundance of Warden replacements.

That's what I'm curious to find out. I haven't been here long enough to see it for myself, but I'm aware that it has happened.

Date: 2010-05-07 04:49 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] cuzitswrong.livejournal.com
Consider it extended and accepted. So you're telling me they just... shipped a bunch of people out to make way for us and could conceivably do the same thing again anytime?

... That part must have been in the fine print.

Date: 2010-05-08 01:45 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sarkraticmethod.livejournal.com
The Admiral seems to pick and choose what information he gives Wardens when they sign on. I'm afraid you're likely doomed to an overwhelming amount of unfortunate revelations, Ms...?

Date: 2010-05-08 06:14 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] cuzitswrong.livejournal.com
Buffy. Summers. You can ix-nay the Ms., though.

And don't worry, I'm pretty hard to whelm, whether of the over-variety or otherwise. I'll just keep in mind I didn't get the full tour.

Date: 2010-05-09 12:06 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sarkraticmethod.livejournal.com
[AUGH. DO NOT EXPECT HIM TO USE THE NAME "BUFFY." IT IS A BLIGHT ON HIS DELICATE TONGUE. HIIIISS.]

Well. You're certainly a paragon of optimism, aren't you?

Date: 2010-05-09 04:34 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] cuzitswrong.livejournal.com
I prefer to think of myself as just fully prepared for the worst. So I've no reason to sweat it.

Date: 2010-05-10 09:53 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sarkraticmethod.livejournal.com
Not to be overly cynical, Ms. Summers, but the worst is likely what you're going to get here. So I suppose you should consider yourself fortunate that you've already braced yourself.

Date: 2010-05-11 04:47 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] cuzitswrong.livejournal.com
Let me guess, you're on the buckets of sunshine committee?

Date: 2010-05-13 06:03 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sarkraticmethod.livejournal.com
Reality is rather a bleak concept.

Date: 2010-05-15 05:03 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] cuzitswrong.livejournal.com
So is conversation with the overly pessimistic.

private

Date: 2010-05-07 01:17 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] pleasesmirk.livejournal.com
Dean killed Ruby, seemingly in cold blood. I don't know of anyone else who's been demoted.

Some people, according to my notes, have been here as wardens and come back as inmates, but I think that's different.

private

Date: 2010-05-08 01:47 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sarkraticmethod.livejournal.com
Hm. Then it's exactly as I expected. Thank you, Captain.

private

Date: 2010-05-08 01:59 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sarkraticmethod.livejournal.com
Certainly. One of the Wardens deliberately attempted to break me down while I was under the effects of the flood. Whether he was acting on impulse due to his own triggers or not, I can't be sure, but I won't stand for being taken advantage of in a weakened state.

I'm merely curious to know if there's something to hang over their morally superior heads.
Edited Date: 2010-05-08 02:00 am (UTC)

Re: private

Date: 2010-05-08 02:05 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] pleasesmirk.livejournal.com
Which warden?

I think he might...

I don't think you were the only one. Even if you might have got it worse, I don't know.

private

Date: 2010-05-08 02:09 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sarkraticmethod.livejournal.com
The one with the number for a name. 47?

Re: private

Date: 2010-05-08 02:11 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] pleasesmirk.livejournal.com
That'd be the one.

Seemed to take a great interest in some of us, it'd seem.

private

Date: 2010-05-09 12:09 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sarkraticmethod.livejournal.com
And I find that utterly intolerable. If the man were my Warden, although I shudder to imagine the concept, then it would be one thing. However, as he isn't, I find his interest both alarming and curious.

He's one of many Wardens I could see knocked down to our level. I don't wish to conduct this experiment simply as revenge for getting my... Feelings hurt, as it were. I'm merely curious how many of them would fare if they were in our shoes.

Re: private

Date: 2010-05-09 12:12 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] pleasesmirk.livejournal.com
You'd have to knock down those that deserve it, though, the criminal elements amongst them.

I'm not sure where he'd fit in, though. I met him in person as a child, I could hardly ascertain his criminality, but he certainly seemed to take advantage of the situation.

private

Date: 2010-05-09 12:18 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sarkraticmethod.livejournal.com
Ideally, I would be weeding through the hypocrisy, Captain, but I understand your concern. Honestly, if this Warden's life is so similar to our own lives, then what makes him so special as to lord his position over us? Therein is where my frustration with him lies.

I wouldn't be able to even make a move without the proper evidence, of course, but I intend to keep an eye on the man.

private

Date: 2010-05-09 12:21 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] pleasesmirk.livejournal.com
...true enough, and you could argue that I'm better than him, even. I gave up what I was educated to do to protect my city. Arguably, the methods used were unpleasant and unnecessary, but surely that's better than killing for pay.

Um. No offence.

Having said that, I collect evidence by trade too. What, exactly, would you be looking for?

private

Date: 2010-05-10 10:01 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sarkraticmethod.livejournal.com
None taken. We all have our vices.

I thought you'd never offer. I require any evidence of Wardens- not merely our dear agent- acting in... Unsuitable ways. Killing in cold blood, using their authority to undermine and intimidate Inmates not their own... If they're going to put themselves on morally superior high horses, then they should, at least, act the part.

private

Date: 2010-05-10 10:06 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] pleasesmirk.livejournal.com
I wanted to make sure you were doing it in the interest of order rather than your own.

...They should, you're right there. Let me go see what I can find. I'll start in the journals and work from there. You'd be surprised what people say in public places. I'll tell you what I find.

private

Date: 2010-05-10 10:16 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sarkraticmethod.livejournal.com
Admittedly, it's a bit of both, but far more the former than the latter. I refuse to bow down to a group of individuals who refuse to practice what they so charmingly try to preach to us.

Thank you, Captain.

Re: private

Date: 2010-05-10 10:20 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] pleasesmirk.livejournal.com
There's criminals all over this ship, both warden and inmate. That's all I can really say.

Date: 2010-05-07 04:56 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] willkissawookie.livejournal.com
I don't think the Admiral answers to anyone.

Date: 2010-05-08 01:48 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sarkraticmethod.livejournal.com
He does seem to paint himself quite the god-like figure, doesn't he?

Unfortunately for him, I've never put much stock in believing in gods.

Date: 2010-05-10 05:05 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] willkissawookie.livejournal.com
Then put stock in me. I'll tell you right now that I won't give you anything you don't deserve, Sark.

Private

Date: 2010-05-10 10:13 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sarkraticmethod.livejournal.com
Well, you've already pushed yourself far ahead of most people in my life.

[That's not really saying much. HIS LIFE IS HARD. :\ But it's something.]

Re: Private

Date: 2010-05-10 11:16 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] willkissawookie.livejournal.com
[It's not exactly a comfort, but it's better than nothing.]

I hope so.

You know, if you ever need me, I'm here.

Private

Date: 2010-05-13 06:05 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sarkraticmethod.livejournal.com
I know. And it's appreciated, Leia. Thank you.

Profile

certainproclivity: (Default)
Julian Sark

May 2018

S M T W T F S
  12 345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 30th, 2026 06:42 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios